This week

My goodness he has such a red beard.  It doesn't look quite this red in person but it is so much fun!  I mean, who has a red beard?  I'm not looking forward to our boys growing facial hair.  Mike used to grow them when he was a teenager and he even had a trimming kit, which is just so weird and gross to me...we probably wouldn't have dated if we knew each other in high school.  Ha, ha.  As an adult, it looks good though.  It has actually taken me a little while to be ok with a beard.  I still am uncertain if I like it better or not.  The red however, is cool to me!  And now we are back to my sentence about the boys growing facial hair.  While it will be weird and I won't be nice like Mike's mom and buy them a trimming kit (because I won't want to encourage the hair growth, of course!), it is kind of exciting to see what color their beards will be. 
 This week the boys have ditched their fort from last week and instead, have been making paper airplanes and having contests to see who can fly theirs the furthest.  I've been finding them all over the house.





In other news, this business thing might be more than I anticipated.  It is taking up so much time and while it is fun and exciting, it involves a lot.  It will be so interesting to see what happens with it.  I wonder if we will get a lot of orders or if we will just have a few here and there. One thing I've thought about this week is just the challenge to be open to the spirit to know when I need to put the sandpaper down and go read with one of the boys or when I need to stop staining something so I can go practice basketball drills with the boys.  This business really needs to be secondary to all that I do.  I need to know when it's ok to make the boys do the dishes for me and help more around the house so I have more time and when I need to spend more of my time doing laundry and such.  It's going to be a challenge but I hope I can get into a good groove before too long.  

Another thing I've thought about this week is just how grateful I am to have talents.  This business has made me feel insecure at times.  Learning the process and the programs has been a challenge for me and at times I've felt pretty dumb.  I've wondered if I'd have much to contribute.  But I am learning how to do it all and hopefully soon I will be able to do it on my own.  In the meantime, I am really pleased with the way our products are turning out.  I never imagined we would do something like this.  It's weird that we took this risk and that we are able to do it!  Also, I'm proud of myself for using my art skills to make a pretty cool wooden nativity.  I drew it!  Not only did I draw it but it looks so cool cut out.  I've had to stage things for photos for our shop and really draw on what I learned in the classes I took.  I have a long ways to go before I feel confident in my photography skills but I'm happy with what I've been able to do this week.  





Tonight we have a ward Nativity activity and then I'm really looking forward to coming home and resting and just chillin' with the hubs once the kids are in bed.

Comments

Popular Posts